I shared my new front door the other day, part one of my exterior face lift project. Today is part two, updating my hardware. I could have gone out and bought a whole new set, doorknob, doorbell, door knocker, mail slot and house numbers. That would have cost me about $300. Instead I bought one can of Rust-Oleum Universal metallic spray paint in oil rubbed bronze for just under $6.
The wall sconce outside my front door is a oil rubbed bronze original to the house. The hardware was all brass so I simply removed it all and sprayed.
In the case of my doorknob and key hole I sprayed it right on the door. I knew I would be painting the door so I was able to do this with no damage. One quick tip, place the key in the keyhole so no spray paint gets in there. I left the key in until it was dry. The plus to doing this, I now know which key goes to my front door!
Spray two coats of your selected spray paint. I sprayed the screws as well.
I then put everything back in its’ place. This part took the longest but it all makes such a difference.
See for yourself. Here is the before..
the during (the glass door hardware still needed to be sprayed)…
and the after. A new doormat (thank you Target
) and some mums finish it off. Part two done, one more to go! Stay tuned…
linking up at…